Installing the HP print driver will allow you to submit your files to print directly from your document, via File > Print. To add the HP printer, you will need to install the print driver package using the steps below. This option is only available to Windows 10 operating systems.
Please note – if you do not have Administrator rights for a company-owned device, you will need to contact your IT department for assistance completing the installation.
Are you registered to HP cloud printing?
Firstly, make sure you have activated your HP cloud account by logging in at PrinterOn online portal here.
- Click ‘PRINT’, select ‘USER LOGIN’ and use your online account login details (registered email address as the username). This login will activate your cloud account.
STEP ONE: Once registered, go to https://www.printeron.com/support/downloads.html and scroll down to the ‘PrintWhere’ options:
STEP TWO: Select ‘Download PrintWhere 6.2.7’, choosing the 32bit or 64bit option depending on your Microsoft System.
- Do not use the “LE” version.
STEP THREE: After the installer file finishes downloading, double-click it to run it.
STEP FOUR: Follow the on-screen instructions to install the print driver, then click ‘Finish’.
After the installation process completes, the PrintWhere Printer Manager app will have been downloaded to your device.
STEP FIVE: After the installation process completes, open the ‘PrintWhere Printer Manager’ app (go to the search bar on your desktop and type in ‘PrintWhere Printer Manager’).
STEP SIX: Once opened, select Search Preferences. In the ‘Service URL’ field, type https://go.printanywhere.com/cps and then click ‘OK’.
STEP SEVEN: Select Account Settings.
In the Account Settings window, select ‘Edit‘.
- You will be prompted to log in to your cloud account. Enter your username (email address) and password for your online account and click ‘LOGIN’.
- Click ‘Validate’ to confirm your account.
- Check that your username shows correctly as your registered email address, then click ‘OK’.
STEP EIGHT: Click ‘Search’. Select the Cloud Printer that displays, then press ‘OK’.
STEP NINE: A ‘Confirm Printer Selection’ window will display, click ‘Select’ to confirm. An ‘Adding your selection’ message will display.
COMPLETE! You will now be able to print via the ‘PrintWhere 6.2‘ printer: